After the session participants will:
- be able to define emotional intelligence and understand its components
- learn different tools and strategies to support self regulation and stress management (with particular emphasis on dealing with quarantine).
- create personal action plans for themselves on how to effectively manage their own stress and unpleasant feelings during quarantine
- For managers, willing to support their teams better
- For trainers, teachers and educators, willing to develop their toolbox
- For caring relatives, searching for a way to build stronger relations
- For anyone/ for general public
Trainer: Romy Solomon
Romy brings over 8 years of international training experience focused on leadership, emotional intelligence, and personal development. In 2018 she taught a course at Brown University, the Ivy League school in the U.S., called “Emotional Intelligence Based Leadership”. Romy is certified in experiential learning by David and Alice Kolb at the Institute of Experiential Learning and is certified in Experiential Critical Pedagogy by the International Experiential Learning Network. Romy has found her life purpose in empowering individuals to harness their own leadership potential through emotional intelligence and experiential learning.